- Tuesday 30th January – Students first day back
- Friday 2nd February – 3/4M Assembly Reflection
- Friday 9th February – 3/4J Reflection
- Monday 12th February – Whole School Mass
- Wednesday 14th February – Ash Wednesday Mass 11.30am
- Friday 16th February – MP Ryan Smith visit
- Friday 16th February – 3/4C Reflection
- Monday 19th February – MP Kevin Andrews visit
- Thursday 22nd February – School Photos
- Friday 2nd March – 3/4M Show and Tell
- Friday 2nd March – School Closed
- Saturday 3rd March – Strawberry Fair
- Friday 16th March – 3/4C Show and Tell
- Thursday 29th March – 3/4J Show and Tell
- Thursday 29th March – Last day of school
Reconciliation Workshop – Tuesday 6th March at 7pm
Wednesday 22nd March
Thursday 23rd March
Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
During Term 1, the students will be given opportunities to get to know their new classmates and developing new friendships. These concepts will be covered through interactive activities such as circle time, role play, group tasks and team building games.
The concepts covered this term are:
Place Value – Finding the value of a digit in a number and showing a visual representation of a number.
Addition and Subtraction – Single and double addition and subtraction. Addition and Subtraction with regrouping.
Time – Analogue and digital, telling the time to the nearest 5 minutes
Statistics and Probability – Collecting data and graphing
In Writing, students will explore the different elements within a narrative text such as, structure, characters and using descriptive language. Students will also learn how to write a persuasive text.
Reading activities will include exposing the students to a wide range of texts, including digital texts. Students will work at their own level on comprehending these texts in order to build their skills and knowledge. The Literacy program will also include personalised spelling (a component of their weekly homework). Each week students have the opportunity to exchange books to read each week and maintain a regular reading habit.
This term, as part of our school wide focus on cybersafety, the Year 3/4 students will be revising the type of personal information that is appropriate to share online. They will practise sending and receiving emails to their school friends and teachers. They will use the Google Slides app to create a cyber safety quiz to demonstrate their understanding in this important topic. Students will also recognise different types of data and explore how the same data can be represented in different ways.
Education in Faith
In this unit students explore the concepts of forgiving and healing through the sacrament of Reconciliation. They explore the different Rites of Reconciliation celebrated in the Catholic Church. They examine the four stages of reconciling a friendship. Students are invited to write their own prayers of forgiveness and healing and to express their new learnings in a display for the school. Students will also learn about their role within our Catholic community and reflect upon how their own actions can have positive and negative consequences.
During Term 1 in Italian, the students will continue to use functional language including scusa, per favore/per piacere, ascolta, ripeti, avanti, seduti, ai banchi, in circolo, in piedi, posso avere/usare/andare, ho bisogno di…aiuta and come si dice. They will learn tutti insieme also.
As part of the health element, the students will describe strategies to make the classroom a healthy, safe and active place. They will work together as a whole group, individually and in pair situations in order to continue to develop strategies to make the classroom a happy and productive place.
In Term One the students will practise and refine the fundamental movements skills of catching and throwing for both distance and accuracy. They will perform movement skills to develop balance and stability while transferring weight. During partner and group activities they will discuss and apply strategies for working cooperatively and investigate how emotional responses may vary in a competitive environment.
This term, the Year 3/4 students will be learning how to use their school email accounts appropriately. They will also use the iPads to create a short video and access the recording studio to make an audio recording related to their inquiry studies.
The focus for the Year 3/4 Performing Arts for this term is Music. The students will be learning to sing some contemporary songs focusing on the elements of music including dynamics, pitch and rhythmic patterns. They will listen and respond to a variety of music developing their musical terminology and ability to describe and explain their personal preferences. The students will use musical instruments to further develop their understanding of music notation.
St. Anne’s offers homework as a part of the school’s educational program.
- Homework is optional at St Anne’s and at the discretion of the parents
- Students on intervention programs, may be required to complete additional tasks, however this will be communicated and agreed with the parents of these students.
- Parents will be advised of homework opportunities at the beginning of the school year
- All students are encouraged to spend time reading each evening
- Homework is offered at all levels with the emphasis on the practice of skills in Literacy and Mathematics
- Years 3-6 students will use school diaries. Diaries provide a means of regular communication between parents and the school and may include details about homework
- include daily independent reading which is required to be recorded in school diaries
- Include practising of appropriate number skills
- include extension of and connection to class work and projects (including Specialist Teacher’s homework when appropriate).
Homework at this level will be approximately one and a half hours per week and will not be set during holidays or during the final week of each term.
In Years 3 – 6, homework will usually be set on a weekly or fortnightly basis.
Homework goes out on the Tuesday and is due back in on Monday.
Student will need to wear their sports uniform on Tuesday and Thursday for Physical Education and Sport.
Please come and see us, give us a call or email us if you have any queries or worries:
Adrian, Grace and Gabrielle